Zoom’s Flagship Multitrack Field Recorder
The Zoom F8n Pro delivers top-tier performance — anywhere. This 8-channel/10-track multitrack field recorder boasts 32-bit float recording technology, yielding you outstanding sound quality, whether you’re working in independent film production, mobile media recording, or any other mission-critical application. You get eight discrete inputs with locking Neutrik connectors, plus high-quality preamps, switchable +4dB mic/line inputs, and balanced analog outputs, along with a highpass filter, a phase invert, and a mid-side decoder. You also get time-code compatibility, a full-color backlit LCD screen, and dual redundant SD/SDHC/SDXC card recording. Beyond that, the F8n Pro doubles as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface for lightning-fast DAW integration. Flexible power options, a dedicated headphone output, and remote operation via your smart device round out the F8n Pro’s outstanding features.
Generous I/O and 32-bit float audio
The F8n Pro boasts eight inputs and 10 tracks, so it’s able to capture complex sources via multiple mics. This field recorder boasts top-quality 32-bit float AD/DA conversion, along with high-grade preamps, enabling you to create clean, ear-grabbing recordings in full 32-bit/192kHz quality. You also get three outputs for external devices, headphones, and camera connections.
Stacked with state-of-the-art features
With the Zoom F8n Pro, you’ve got everything you need to capture pro-level recordings — it’s teeming with features. For starters, it boasts ultra-flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs You also get phase invert and mid-side decoding, plus a highpass filter for minimizing wind and other unwanted noise. Input and output delays are also on hand. A temperature-compensated oscillator generates timecode with 0.2ppm accuracy. You can also enter track name, scene names, notes, and more directly from the F8n Pro or via your smart device. One of our favorite features here at Sweetwater is Zoom AutoMix, which automatically adjusts the level of your mix to reduce ambient sound. Thanks to this feature, you can keep your eyes on the action and not on your meters.
Built-in USB audio interface
Connect the F8n Pro to your computer, and you can use it as a full-fledged 8-in/4-out USB audio interface. Not only does this supply you with easy integration with your DAW, it also enables you to record and stream in 32-bit float/96kHz while simultaneously recording to an SD card.
Zoom F8n Pro Multitrack Field Recorder Features:
- 8-channel/10-track multitrack field recorder
- Captures audio in full 32-bit float/192kHz quality
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- High-quality preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Switchable +4dB mic/line inputs for both XLR and TRS
- Dual balanced mini-XLR main outputs plus an 1/8-inch stereo mini-jack sub output
- Highpass filter, phase invert, and mid-side decoder
- Time code I/O via universally compatible BNC connectors
- Full-color backlit LCD screen with monochromatic mode
- Dual SD card recording provides instant backup security
- Built-in 8-in/4-out USB audio interface supplies lightning-fast DAW integration
- Choose from 3 power options for maximum portability
- Dedicated headphone output with front-panel volume control
- Access advanced functions and metering via your smart device