The Quad Mod gives you the traditional three-position tonal performance, while adding a valuable 4th pickup setting. This added tonal option turns on both neck and bridge pickups in series which is a thick and punchy tone much like a humbucker. However considering the two coils are located in completely different locations on the guitar the tone is as unique as it is useful and a welcome addition to the standard two single coil pickup configuration.
PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH SETTING
Enlightened Classic 50
Seeking a lightweight guitar with traditional tone and performance? The Enlightened Classic 50 is the guitar for you. As part of the Enlightened collection, it features a number of design innovations all focused on delivering light-done-right. This includes the use of a special tone wood on the body — red cedar. We took that lightweight and great-sounding wood and then customized the body thickness and added small chambers to further lighten the instrument while protecting tone. We even used aluminum instead of steel for the bridge and control plate to lighten things up further and to enhance tone.
The pickups have been custom-voiced to perfectly match the Enlightened treatment. These deliver a a classic tone and, thanks to the Quad Mod electronics modification, you get 4 tone settings instead of the typical 3.
The Enlightened Classic 50 is a lightweight guitar, but with all of the other carefully considered design details, it is big on tone and performance.
- Top: Flame Maple
- Body: Red Cedar
- Binding: Natural Body Wood Stripe
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Fretboard Radius: 10.5″
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dots
- Headstock: 1950
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Strings: D’Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Boutique Mod: Quad Mod (4 way switch, adds in Series setting for big added tonal option)
- Electronics: Specially Voiced Pickups for Enlightened Model
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® Tradition-L
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield® TexPlus Single-Coil-L (Alnico V)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: MK Die Cast
- Bridge Type: Ultralight Aluminum Traditional
- Enlightened Ultralight Treatment – including special wood, thinner design, etc.
- Enlightened Port Weight Relief
- Aluminum Bridge and Control Plate for added weight relief
- Special Strap-Button Placement, for better balance