The Element 4Q is the perfect hard-working, every-day, gigging bass guitar. We designed it with a level of simple elegance that is a nod to vintage, but then tweaked it with a number of thoughtful upgrades to modernize it for the demands of today’s player. The body shaping and contours have been evolved for more access and added comfort.
The pickups, controls, and electronics are another area where extensive testing and enhancements gave us an amazing result. The pickups were developed specifically for the MK Element bass line by Rockfield and they have an over-wound classic pickup sonic performance. We blended that with our newly-developed Element Active Circuit that has been carefully tweaked to provide a modern sonic profile.
Also key to our design was allowing excellent user customization potential using the onboard controls. Those controls include offering you a stacked tone pot with separate treble and bass controls. There is also a blend via a blend knob to sweep from one pickup to the other or varying degrees of each. Also included is a bypass switch allowing you to go from active to a very vintage passive tone with a quick click.
See more details below on the Element 4Q.
- MKE4SACERD Aged Cherryburst PRODUCT ID MKE4QAC
- Top: Quilt Maple
- Body: Alder
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Neck: Rock Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5 INCH / 241 mm
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: Gray Dots
- Headstock: MK 2+2 Straight String-Pull
- Scale Length 34″
- Truss Rod Type Double Adjustable
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.63 INCH / 41.40mm
- Boutique Mod: Full Control Mod: Master Volume, Pickup Blend, Stacked Tone (bass tone and treble tone)
- Electronics: Element Active Circuit with passive bypass toggle switch
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® 4SW (voiced specifically for the Element bass)
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield® 4SW (voiced specifically for the Element bass)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: MK Die Cast
- Bridge Type: MK Diecast Deluxe Bass Bridge
- Comfort neckjoint- shaped for added access